The annual Mental Ideas Awards celebrate sensitive portrayal of mental health in the arts, film and media. Brainstorm organises these awards to reward and recognise inspirational individuals and non-profit groups. Nominees and Winners are chosen on the basis of quality of application, creative merit, production values and impact by an independent panel of judges.
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot nominate yourself for a MIA Award in any category. To Nominate an individual or non-profit group for an award, you need to be able to provide the following information:
- Your name and contact details (email/ phone/ profession)
- Name of Nominee and your Nominee’s contact details
- Your Nominee’s CV
- Details of previous awards and supporting media links. (Please do not include indiscriminate links that either do not mention the Nominee by name, or are not substantially focused on the Nominee’s work.)
- Up to FIVE (no fewer than TWO) letters of support from relevant individuals and organizations.
WHAT TO INCLUDE:
Please tell us how your Nominee has contributed in their area of activity. We are looking for people who:
- Have changed things;
- Have demonstrated innovation;
- Have delivered in a way that has brought them distinction.
Please describe the benefits of your Nominee’s work:
- What has their impact been?
- How wide is their reach and influence?
- What are their achievements?
Please list any other ways in which the Nominee’s contribution has been widely recognized (eg. in the media), attaching supporting documents providing evidence of that recognition.